Will you send me a new Your Texas Benefits Medicaid card each month?
No. The card we send you is your everyday Medicaid ID card. We will not send you another Your Texas Benefits Medicaid card unless a) your medical or dental plan changes or b) you ask us to send you a new card to replace one that’s been damaged, lost, or stolen.
Do I still have to renew my Medicaid?
If you have been renewing your Medicaid coverage every 6 months, you will need to renew each time we send you a renewal application in the mail.
What if I lose my card? How can I order a Your Texas Benefits Medicaid card for me and my family?
If you are approved for Medicaid benefits, you can order a new card by phone or on the web.
Call toll-free 1-855-827-3748.
- Pick English or Spanish.
- Be ready to give your Medicaid ID number.
Go to www.YourTexasBenefits.com and follow these steps:
- From the home page click “View my case.”
- Follow the steps for setting up an account or logging in.
- Once you’ve logged in, click the “Medicaid” tab in the upper right part of the screen.
- Click “View services and health history.”
- Click the tab at the top that says, “Order or print Medicaid ID cards.”
- Find your name (or the name of the family member who needs a new card) and click the link in that same row that says “Order card.”
If I don’t have a Medicaid ID number, who do I call?
Call one of these toll-free numbers:
After you pick either English or Spanish, pick option 2 – Learn more about the Your Texas Benefits Medicaid card and Medicaid benefits.
If you have Medicaid, the person you speak with can help you get a Medicaid ID number.Source:
Texas Health and Human Services Commission website